Scenic Route

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Perpetuate Personality

For the ecstasy of being alive I don't need alcohol, speed or dope. I don't need an accelerant or any sort of organic product to put me into a state of rapture. I'm not interested in whether your palms perspire or not, don't be self-conscious about it. Take my hand either way, and let me show you my world.

Don't be afraid to show your teeth. I don't care if they're off-white or fringed with the slightest bit of plaque. Good hygiene is important and essential, but if you brush daily don't constantly perpetuate useless anxiety. Laugh with me anyway. I'm not worried whether you have braces or not. Half the time I don't pay attention. All I can see is the glow in your grin and the voluminous beauty you obtain by sharing your happiness with me. I don't see the pimples on your face. I see the spirit in your eyes and the optimism in your compassion. Your personality obliterates your blemishes, so stop fretting over them.

I don't care about what happened to you in the past, I'm only concerned with how it has affected you now. I'm not interested in how you got drunk last night or who destroyed Mary-Anne's house at the party last weekend. But I would like to know how you're feeling today, and if you would like to share a cookie with me at ten-minute break.

I'm not interested in who you were. I'm only interested in who you are and who you will become with me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Arwen, you've done it again. You've totally blown me away. This entry actually made me "awwwww" aloud. And very few non-kitten related things instigate that responce.
It actually seems like with every post you make, your style evolves more and more into exactly what I like.
Bravo my love, bravo.

10:09 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Very romantic! Thank you for writing this. How ironic it is that I read this the afternoon after I convinced the girl I love to tell me off. *insert sad face emoticon here*

Arwen, we must meet. This is inevitable. I got to meet the infamous Matthew last night (thanks for showing up at the show, Matt!) and I think its only you thats left of the great writers.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home