Scenic Route

Monday, January 24, 2005

Cyanide

: any of several compounds (as potassium cyanide) that contain the radical CN having the chemical valence of one, react with and inactivate respiratory enzymes, and are rapidly lethal producing drowsiness, tachycardia, coma, and finally death.

Cyan pepper is in my eyes.
Frivolous intentions become a dark
Layer of masochism enveloping but
Sedate. Impetuous grandeur provides
An air of imperial importance,
You’re confident and attractive
And my humble plights are
Smitten by your egotism.

Altruistic objective slights
Everything abrasive but it fails to
Composite the insensitivity that is
Inside of you – all you are
And all you will ever be to me,
Hypocritical prattle emanates
From that grotesque orifice
You claim to call a voice.

Lie to me; drench me in the
Pathological habits that you
Perpetuate and are so exemplary
At exclaiming at the top of your
Foul voice, cyanide cradled in a vase of
Passion you lack the substance I require.
I am incredulous but you are everything
That I desire to be

...


I hate mondays. I feel like shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger tvpartytonight said...

I hate cyanide because I hate chemistry. Brilliant writing. I don't understand the ending, or maybe I'm reading it wrong. Or maybe you meant it to be that way. BIG WORDS. CAN'T READ. MASOCHISM? YUCK.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

This is pretty. I like it a lot. I like the color Cyan too. Well, I really don't all that much, but I know of it, so I am proud.

5:13 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Cyan = Pretty colour = Halo 2

6:41 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Halo 2 is way too addicting a game. Damn timmy for letting me play it in the first place. Beautifully written arwen. Keep it up.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home