Scenic Route

Thursday, June 08, 2006

May I procure your love in return?

I believed myself apathetic, until I walked home from work and struggled not to cry because of how utterly beautiful the clouds were to me. While walking across the street, my eyes felt the road like fingers. It was warm and the stones were smooth from the many vehicles running over them with the consistency of fresh water in a stream. I wanted to cry. Yesterday everything became too beautiful to understand. My entire life I've stood in watery-eyed awe at the overwhelming beauty of the world. Ordinarily, people only see everything this way when they're in love. I became aware in those few minutes that this was how I'd felt all along: I had always loved the world; pavement, clouds, people and exhaust-pouring cars... everything has an inebriating quality that gives my life purpose.

If only you knew just how important you are in that world of mine; that world I will always love...

I knew your mere presence would silence all the claustrophic noise stifling my mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elyse said...

HapPy day!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

Just a side note: I finally saw Amelie.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home