Scenic Route

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm sorry the circumstances are difficult for you, dear.

The locust flew towards me. I submitted to its crinkling limbs as they folded over my upright shoulders. We flew to a dark place. I couldn't see. Beyond my dissolving hearing I could discern water in a plastic cup. I told myself over and over again that it was falling into the cup and filling it. I felt the locust shift beside me

(hard, hard exoskeleton abrasion)

and suddenly realized I didn't know if the water was falling to the floor or filling the glass. Was it half full, or was it emptying into the dark? This all-encompassing gloom, this obscurity that came with the locust I called friend and lover. I felt in the dark for a thorny appendage. I knew that the water was falling onto the floor because here it came, crippling my toes with cold as I held the hand of a barbed lover.

(He filled me with shade.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

You're one of the few writers that I read that has the power to force me to picture what you are word painting.

Its called word painting when you're as good as you are at this.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Flakey Foont said...

he filled me with shade?
god, love that seriously.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Stads is right. You make my brain happy with artwork of its verry own;)

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home