Scenic Route

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Fear Femininity

Advice of the day: don't mutter something in the same room as someone else if you don't intend on repeating what you've said. It's rude and cruel to say something under your breath and have the other person hear but "not" hear what you're saying, then solemnly acknowledge that whatever you said was too rude to be repeated aloud. It's like being stabbed in the front when you aren't looking. I can handle back stabbing. It hurts a lot, but I can handle it. I can handle you saying nasty things to my face, but saying something in front of me that you're too ashamed to say aloud will make me grit and break my teeth with frustration.

I don't fight. I haven't been able to in the past and I never will. But hell, I can vent like any other female on this planet. Sometimes venting can be just as scary as an inevitable punch in the face.

I am woman. Fear me, damnit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Don't do it, I'm a good person who happens to have a speech impediment. Mrmmmghm.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home