Scenic Route

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

To: You

I wish I knew the appropriate words to make everything all right in your world. I long to alter your frame of mind, mar whatever disables you, and lift you to a brighter, grander place from the bleak one you currently reside in. To see you display such remorse while I feel elation breaks the pendulum and puts me off balance. Oh, how I yearn for the day you'll return my smile with equal gladness and appreciation.

I can't change you. I acknowledge the fact. I feel courage and joy while you are weakened by turmoil that I can't imagine. My happiness is changed into concern. I don't want you to hurt anymore. I don't expect you to unload anything on me; if you feel it is dark enough that you must conquer the beast alone I will contentedly remain on the sidelines. But should you need me, in anyway, trust me to be here for you. You don't even need to say anything if you don't want to. Silence can sometimes bring more solace than words ever will because we share it together.

For all that you have given and done for me, the least I can do is be here for you. And I will, whether you need me for something trivial or integral: I will because I care.

From: me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

I love how this was made extra personal with the use of to:you and from: me. Genius.
Beautiful post.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home