Scenic Route

Friday, December 23, 2005

Beyond the Omnicient Scope

What makes me Arwen? The majority know me as a university student with artistic tendencies and a double-set grin. Some people know I never wear matching socks, that I'm fond of spiders, dinosaurs and reading. A few people understand that I don't care what the public eye sees in me when I'm boisterous. But who am I really? I'm an organic human female, composed of working organs and possessing average intelligence. I'm not allergic to anything, have genetic heart arrhythmia, am 5'5.5" tall, weigh 117lbs., have four working limbs, two brown eyes and stale brown hair. My nails are fairly solidly white, indicating I'm ingesting a good amount of calcium daily.

People define themselves through their perception of each other's intelligences. Organisms are normally defined by their characteristics, but in the case of people, their psychological dynamics make them who they are and define them as individuals. All of this is common knowledge already. However, it might be easier to try to monitor how we perceive other people. If people were less regarded for what their social status, intelligence, education, and general sociology was, and were simply all seen for the living, breathing and consuming organisms they are at the heart of the matter; would there be less polluted consciousness? Would people regard each other as less or more for who they really are?

1 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

You seem like a pretty decently working humanoid.

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home