Scenic Route

Monday, October 16, 2006

We exist on dissimilar planes.

While my hair was drying this morning I decided to take some pictures of my art to show you what I've been up to at Sheridan. This is a tiny portion of the work I've been doing. I just grabbed what was most available to me at the time. They're described by number.

1. In my 2D design class we were told to redesign a board game called Othello. Using the theme of reclamation we were supposed to solve the two dimensional problem non-objectively. What you see are the pieces I made. There are 64 of them all together. I made them out of sculpey and I'm painting them in gouache. The playing surface and box aren't in the image. These are just out on my desk until I finish them. Heh.

2. In 3D design our current assignment is to select a band and do cover art for their CD. I chose Sigur Ros' Agaetis Byrjun. The first image is a rough sketch of what'll be represented on the front cover, and the weird crouching flamingo guy will be in the bottom right of the back cover. Notice how the albatross lady has baby faces on her breasts? Yeah. I don't get it either.

3. Our first assignment in 3D design was to recreate a book cover for one of our favorite books. The only two I brought with me to Oakville were Pride and Prejudice and Watership Down. Obviously I redid Watership Down. Haha.

1.

2.



3.



4 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I've never heard of othello the game before, I'm really glad that you're assigned such practical and interesting assignments!

9:55 AM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

I'm in love with number two.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

ps. The weather is always a little cold, good enough for mittens, scarves and a light jacket. the floors in my place are concrete though so I'm convinced that its not actually that cold outside.
It rains alot here, I don't usually mind but its hard to have a diverse roll of film when its always gray outside.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Syxx said...

I can't WAIT to play your game:D:D:D

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home