Scenic Route

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Passion + Toronto = Endorphin Release at Maximum Capacity!

It's about getting my priorities straight. For the past two years all I've done is used art as a vehicle for work and neglected that all too important aspect of it that has drawn me to it in the first place: passion. That pure, saturated feeling that springs from yearning to apply a tangible medium to a two dimensional surface to portray a message so powerful that people can't help but absorb themselves in it.

You know what I'm talking about... the desire to express or convey something that words or actions can't possibly capture. The sheer physicality of it: how the movement of your arm and fingers presses through the medium and gives you that metaphysical feeling of fulfillment. You know when you've accomplished your aim. The world suddenly falls in sync with your motive and shines with a light of understanding. Not only is the image complete, but you are too. Everything makes sense. You understand every aspect of the world and it understands you with the same empathy. Why? It's because you've captured that essence and fragment of life in the picture before you, still warm from the friction of your medium held so precisely between your fingers.

Who needs a lover when you have art? It's much more capable of satisfying me. Sure, it can disappoint you just like sex can. But it never gets tired. You're the one who always collapses after finishing a project. Art won't break your heart or hurt you like people can. It won't manipulate or use you. It'll always summon you back for more and you can’t help but answer its beckon call. That's what passion is and it's what I've been lacking. Well, I've found it again. And God... I can't wait for tomorrow.

I love the world so much. I can't wait to approach it with my newly awakened passion tomorrow. Here I come, Toronto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home