Scenic Route

Saturday, February 17, 2007

The queen who wades through snow for dogs.

It's not every day you see a hawk kill a squirrel, help a man find his dog, and are called a queen by some random old lady.

I also found out the local Baptist church has a single service on Sunday at 10:30. I would've preferred to go as early as possible in the morning, but what more can I ask for? It's a Baptist church that's directly across from the school. Arwen's definitely attending tomorrow's service.

Besides that, I started working on the final draft of my exterior of a historical building for my portfolio. It's going swimmingly. If I keep it up I may even get it done tonight! I'll post it when I'm done. The rest of my portfolio is coming along. I met with Ted (an actual instructor in the illustration department) to show him what I have so far and he had mostly positive remarks for me. Actually, he had less constructive to say than I wanted. You'd think that would be a good sign, but to me it just means he had little to say and that doesn't help me improve.

I'm forbidding myself from playing video games until after the review. When I take a break from art, I rest my wrist by watching TV or doing something passive. Video games are just tearing at my tendons more - at that rate I'd require tensor bandages and limited artistic ability for a few weeks after the review. That'd bite me worse in the ass than skipping class to go to life drawing this next week. Anyway, that's just a small update on my life. I also bought a plant when I went grocery shopping last week. He's pretty and green. Name suggestions, anyone?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pope called, he said he hates baptists... he also said that means that God hates baptists too.

And Treebeard for the plant, obviously.

(Arwen and Treebeard!)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

I know... Protestants are basically Satanists. What'll bite the Pope in the ass is I'm going to go to Anglican, Catholic and Baptist churches and take communion at all of them. I'll be consuming the whole spectrum of the Body of Christ. Yupyup.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home