Scenic Route

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring tip #1

If it's a warm day, put a few frozen summer sweet peas in your mouth and sit on your lawn or a patch of warm pavement. Let them melt on your tongue and then eat them.

The Trafalgar campus of Sheridan is two strips of buildings separated by a stream. Today there were about eight big canvases out with several illustration students painting tag-tastic art on them. I'm assuming they were 3rd (and 4th?) year students, because Hieng (the 3rd year who helped me out with my portfolio) was among them. Tonight there'll be a Grafitti-themed illustration pub. If you bought a ticket, you get a free white t-shirt and a marker to draw or write on fellow pub-goers with. I'm not going because it's grocery day, but I loved watching them play with spray-paint and doodle on canvas today.

I'm so grateful to be here. My God... and I get to spend four more delicious years in this place. It seems too good to be true, but it would be better if you were here standing hip-to-hip with me.

Eat some frozen peas in the sun for me.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home