Scenic Route

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How are you today, honestly?

I know I'm changing and I know you are too. I know when you look at me you don't see the someone you're used to. I feel the same way when I look at you, but fundamentally we hold within us a core that is unchangeable. Many, many aspects of ourselves evolve and transform around that core, but the seeds were sown a long time ago. They will age with us however, the shape will essentially stay the same. There will be innumerable moments when we'll question their true form, but that doesn't mean they've changed beyond recognition.

A pessimist may gain attributes of an optimist, but they will carry pessimism with them their entire lives. The same goes for the contrary. Our opinions will be altered by our company as they will be affected by us, but we are still individuals.

Change is difficult to comprehend and accept, but I'm eager to get to know the person you are now, as different as it may be from the person I knew you to be a year ago. You will always be my friend. As much as your perspective may have changed since yesterday, I will always want to spend these precious moments gaining insight into the unique and respectable person you have become.

In case of point, I will always be a sap. Toronto will never harden my core.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home