Scenic Route

Sunday, September 04, 2005

September 18, 2003

I'm lost and unknowing,
Drowning and consoling;
Crying to a teddy bear,
Who cannot understand me.

I'm fighting and losing,
Cursing and spitting;
Failing to live up to,
The expectations of God.

I'm wanting and needing,
Hoping and praying;
Trying to salvage,
My memory of you.

I'm laughing and living,
Breathing and bleeding;
Searching for meaning,
And turning to you.


It's absolutely insane how something I wrote two years ago still acutely relates to me. In fact, I think it relates to me more today than it did back then. I've changed so much since then that I take it for granted how wise I was back in highschool. Over the past while, I thought I've changed so much that little of who I was still remains. However, by reading this I still felt her. She's still here... and I'm glad for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally inspiring. Coincidentally, I found a few old poems in my closet a few weeks ago. You're right. Change happens, situations change, but old ways don't die hard. You still find yourself feeling things you thought you had long ago forgotten how to feel. Sentiments of being afraid, alone. I don't know how it happens, but we always seem to pull through alright...

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home