Scenic Route

Monday, November 21, 2005

Thunderstruck.

Since I've started to develop my own, personal spiritual mindset I've incorporated aspects of other religions because even though I believe in Christ Jesus and God, I've always felt there was more to it than that. Today I got an English translation of the Bhagavad-Gita out of the library. It's an important piece of Hindu scripture. I've always been interested in Hinduism, so even though it's not "required", it's a "recommended" read because of it's importance in the religion.

I'm a hundred pages into it. Tonight, I came across a passage that was extremely powerful. In all honesty, it makes me want to research Hinduism very thoroughly. This may be exactly what I've been looking for to fill that aching void inside of me. Am I considering conversion to Hinduism? Let's say I'm seriously going to look into it.

I highlighted the portion that made an incredible impression on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home