Scenic Route

Thursday, January 12, 2006

With lizardskin compassion's wasted.
Terraces of scales lace the leather.
I'm naked but not exposed
-- For I'm no longer vulnerable.

Thick, burning saliva
Coats each word
You'd rather not hear.

The eggs, naturally, were spoiled.
The spawn of the next generation
Curdled with begrudging satisfaction.

But luckily we're safe,
Bound but broken,
Inside these deep trenches
Of lizardskin.

I generally hate it when poetry requires an explanation. But this one developed suited for one, so here it goes. Lizardskin I meant to be one word. It can be interpretted as lizards kin or lizard skin, however you want to read it. I personally meant it to mean something of both. Lizards kin because it's meant to relate to contrary soul-mates (people NOT suited for each other), and lizard skin because it's obviously expressing how cold and/or indifferent people can be towards each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home