Scenic Route

Friday, April 28, 2006

Together

I believe in magic. I also believe in you. Let's conquer our frustration and woe. Does it feel impossible? My knowledge of magic has helped me. I hope it can help you too.

When you feel vertigo and your legs quake to fall, I'll hold you until the earthquake stops. Between the tremors I'll show you how a firm plateau has formed below your feet. You'll envision my ceaseless support as the warmth of sunlit trees and hear my explanation between the clap-like laughter of freshly budded leaves. Nothing can harm you in the plateau of our combined imagination.

Should you feel lost, I will call beyond the fog. I will see you gleaming like a light-bug; you are my softly shining beacon. When I find you I'll grasp your hand and we'll crouch low to the ground. We'll feel the fine-knit wood and recognize the heave of the ocean propelling us forth into unknown frontiers. I see the discomfiture in your stare, my smile tells you not to worry. I yell upwards, beyond the silent, thick canvas. 'Ahoy, ahoy!' The birds respond. They return my call, but theirs blasts the fog away. When it clears you recognize land ahead. Our plateau, now thick with orchards, beckons our arrival.

I will always do my best to help you, no matter where you are or how absolutely crestfallen you have become. My words will not always suffice, I know... but I will always do my best to create a refuge for you, even if it's in the simple silence of my embrace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

You make me smile:)

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home