Scenic Route

Sunday, January 30, 2005

You're all I require

I can't fail to appreciate everything about them. Unexpected visitation or voluntary accompaniment delivers the warmth necessary for my fire to flourish. You needn't step out of your comfort zone to make me happy, all you need to do is be comfortable around me. I'm not preoccupied about whether you aren't much of a conversationalist, or if you're too tired to keep me entertained. You're all I'll ever need to be happy. You: tired, angst, frustrated, procrastinator, just you. All you are is all I require. Let yourself go, be as confident as you are able, and let me introduce you to my philosophy.

No matter what you do in life, strive for happiness. Do whatever it takes to attain it. There will be times when happiness won't accompany you, but when that happens please don't hesitate to allow me to take happiness' stead. Sometimes I won't be able to fill the void and you will have to seek solace from yourself. But whatever happens, strive for contentment in the end.

You've been my rock. I care for you very, very much. I hope I make you at least a modicum as happy as you have made me. When the time comes that we won't know each other well anymore, I will remember you. The evidence of your existence in my life is so secure that nothing can vanquish it. I will remember you for all that you were to me, and that was everything. I'll know you for the steadfast companion you've been, and the laughter you invoked and will continue to through reminiscence.

I felt terrible tonight, but thinking about you guys completely changed my mood around. I can't say it enough but thank you, thank you, thank you for being my friend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

I was so excited to see an updated post! Hurrah for Simone!
That was equisite. You write so beautifully from you heart. O man. I am being sappy again.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

These are my favorite posts of yours.. the ones where you write like this were a letter.
It makes me feel like you're speaking directly to me, and even though you're not it makes me feel special.
:)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Matt has captured my feelings whole-heartedly. It made me light up inside to read your post. The person that is directed to is a particularily lucky fellow. (No gender intended in that comment).

11:18 PM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Lucky fellow indeed! I must admit, I am jealous! Nice advice and writing too.

1:25 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Personal note: I consider it a waste of time to spend one's life striving for happiness, because ultimate happiness won't be acheived in this lifetime.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I find comfort in the imperfections and unhappiness. It's familiar and at some points, comforting. Blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

Hey, sillies, it's directed to all ya. Hence the 'them' at the beginning and 'guys' at the end.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home