Scenic Route

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dispel Everything

"I dream of that" wistful words,
Morose, malcontent, it slips
From their quaking lips.

"I never knew" weary words,
Distant, detached, it falls
From my aching jowls.

A genteel grin obliterates
The distilling feeling, which
Propels my spirit through a
Perpetual spiral of delirium.

Ignorance breeds apathy,
Knowledge seeds saturnine
A pining desire flourishes
For that unattainable plane
Existing between two worlds.

Apologies are never accepted by
humble, simplistic gentlefolk
But they are never shunned
By myopic, egocentric fools.

From my aching jowls,
Distant, detached, it falls
Wary words, "I never knew."

From their quaking lips,
Morose, malcontent, it slips
Wistful words, "I dream of that."

2 Comments:

Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I really like the variation on the last two stanzas. I do/did that a lot in my writing too. This one reminds me of Billy Corgan.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

I enjoy the last stanza. Wow.

1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home