Scenic Route

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Steadfast trust

Odd numbers are beautiful. They lack the consistency and structure of even numbers. In tangible proportions, they provide a different perspective. Sometimes it can look crooked and the human mind is fixed on it much longer and faster than that of a symmetrical formation just because we desire to transform the model into something more. Similarly, my trust acts the same way. It's fixed on you. You tell me to believe you, I will. It's as simple as that. Don't attempt to move the numbers around so that I'll see more clearly, I acknowledge and trust all you say. There may be evidence to prove that what you've said isn't true, but since it's come from your mouth and you have never given me a reason to doubt I'm firm in my understanding.

It will take more than another's vile hysteria to change my mind. A handful of them can claim what they will, but I believe in you alone. I only ask you not to take advantage of my trust and manipulate or break it. Try to keep the odd numbers as they are and appreciate them for their disharmony. We're only human but we're capable of conscious decisiveness. Thus you have a choice.

Whatever you decide, I believe in you.

Inspired by Matty.

Music of the moment: Discretion by Pedro the Lion

8 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

Wow. I feel inspired.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I hope I'm Matty.
If I'm not I'm going to feel replaced..
You have another Matty?
!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

In context, it would be a radical coincidence if it were another Matty. Of course it's you, darling.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Actually, I'm Matty. Sorry Matticus. You've been replaced.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

...except not.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Hey G-rock, you can be a matt understudy if you'd like.. In the case of emergency and there is a lack of matt in the room, you could officially step in and take over any responcibilities I would normally have.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I'll start taking notes next time we hang out.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Wow, a matt understudy, this is a brilliant plan! How come it took us this long to figure it out?!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home