Scenic Route

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Eat my sword, vermin

Everything I appreciate will become transparent eventually. The wind of time will winnow away their exteriors until they completely fall away. There'll be no tangible evidence that it was here. New objects and people will replace those that have fallen away, are they just as appreciated? Are they as valuable, or are those that have left me too imperative to my being to be replaced? Will the person I have become mold into someone new, someone I will fail to appreciate for who she is? Will she be abrasive, rude? Will she be diligent, studious? Maybe she'll be kinder than I am, with more incentive to encourage in others the same surmounting blitheness that resides in her. It's difficult to say for sure, I haven't speculated my current personality enough to know whether I am someone with any of those traits.

I know I appreciate those I hold company with. Every smile they break in my direction or bout of laughter that spills from their beautiful mouth summons true happiness. I don't consider whether their smiles or laughter is true, I don't wonder whether they put on a show to make me believe they enjoy my company. I'm naïve and guileless. I anticipate the future but I worry for what it will do to the sanctuary of my friends' metaphorical embrace. I can appreciate high school reminiscence without tear-jerking woe; the drinking, parties, impetuousness and outright teenage angst will be left behind without remorse. But I can't let go of the company I keep so easily.

I don't look forward to drifting away from you.

I decided last night that I'm going to be a pirate after high school. Yar, join me in plights for treasure and glory me hearties.

3 Comments:

Blogger Civil Whisper said...

You can only be a pirate if you dress like Gwen Stefanie, or equally as hot...

5:29 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

I would love to be a pirate with you! Pirates are soooo cool! And who knows, maybe some day we will meet Peter Pan.That is my life long goal.
And the bonus of this situation is that if we are pirates together, we can not drift away from one another. I am always thinking:)

Of course we would dress like Gwen Stafani you nut case. How else would a true pirate dress?

2:57 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Evan, you are a dead ringer for Gwen and you know it. You fox.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home