Scenic Route

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Rejoice! Samuel found a home!

Crippled kiss, parched throat, paltry voice slipping from a moist larynx; they're not so different but they taste contrary. Inclined heads, insipid complexion; dear stranger... the desire to offer more than vasoline for those chafed and taut-set lips is overwhelming. On the cracked window-ledge, processed tea, lukewarm but steeped with potential. Waning light from tender coals warped the picture of a couple lightly draped across each other. A dog, a compact disc and a pencil interacted by the hearth, an immaculate relationship susceptible to likewise perfect disaster.

Citrus burned between the crackled lips. Hunger momentarily quenches the pain. Apprehension kept her away. Anticipation drew him near. What will be will be parallel and cancerous but affectionate in nature. Bittersweet pork, the trite worms of time ate precious moments and consumed picture-perfect memories. A dandelion splintered between twiddling, dumb, and uncoordinated digits. Sticky and opaque white blood pooled from the frail stem. Que sera, sera, my love.

Song of the moment: Clementine by Pink Martini

3 Comments:

Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Sammy's in my home! I still need to decide of a place to rest his head. ...I am still having allergic reactions from Raven. Blasted (neat) cat.

4:59 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Raven the white cat?!?!?! EEK!

Perty poem. I laughed at one point because I didn't ever think that tea could be "steeped with potential". And the part about worms eating away moments reminded me of a movie I saw last night: Ghost Ship. Horrible movie, but the little twelve year old is hot.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Lovely poem. It excited me in places, drew me in. Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrific!:)
You've added a song of the moment! Love for you!!!:)

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home