Scenic Route

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

'Too used to each other

First impression made you believe me enigmatic. Acquaintance knew me to be loyal but less intriguing than in the beginning. Kinship acknowledged me as common knowledge and factual, enigmatic tendencies were lost in familiarity. You're used to my quirks and find them less interesting than they used to be. My smile isn't as big as you thought it was, my gesticulations aren't as erratic and the way I throw my head back when I laugh doesn't possess the charm it did once upon a time. You didn't feel the transition take place, but I see it in the lackluster stare you regularly give me. A while back I saw honesty in your smile, now it's fake... thick, and tired with me.

We were better friends when we barely knew each other's name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Syxx said...

Is this why your identity changes so often?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

'Not at all. :) That's irrelevant to this topic. It's not that I feel I'm changing; it's how I feel people grow accustomed to each other. Whether that's a good thing or not is relative.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home