Scenic Route

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Restless dreamer, weary-eyed waker

It's exhausting to be so absorbed and passionate about people and their well-being. In this state you can sleep but you never rest. Eternally restless, I can't contain or restrain it. You know I'll always care. I will sleep but I will never rest. I'm not responsible anymore but I still take responsibility.

I'm too adaptable. What you conceive as compatibility is really my ability to conform. I want to make them happy, ever happy, evermore. Somehow I contrive that I'll be happy in the process. A frog will remain a frog. No prince or princess can change them into something else.

Despite sleeping for hours on end, I never wake rested. I'm a frog. No prince can change me into something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home