Scenic Route

Monday, July 10, 2006

Sun-stained

Introspective vision: a blurred realization; nothing exists outside this scope. Too far away to touch, I stretch beyond my capacity, my ligaments twist, bend and break. We both acknowledge the fact. But we act like it isn't happening. We are lemmings, wide-eyed and entranced, traipsing towards the ever-looming cliff before plummeting to an unhesitant demise. I'm closing my eyes again. I pretend I don't know. I pretend I don't care but I'm only prolonging the pain. I'm making it worse by letting it go, this valley of wooden flowers bordered by paper birds... this imaginary place, it grows drier day by day. One day, someday soon, we will stand in each other's embrace and watch as our valley burns with the rising sun. You will say it's beautiful and touch my forehead. I won't respond because I won't concur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home