Scenic Route

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra

Frank Sinatra heals many of life's woes.

The summer wind, came blowin' in - from across the sea
It lingered there, to touch your hair - and walk with me
All summer long, we sang a song - and then we strolled that golden sand
Two sweethearts, and the summer wind

Like painted kites, those days and nights - they went flyin' by
The world was new, beneath a blue - umbrella sky
Then softer than, a piper man - one day it called to you
I lost you, I lost you to the summer wind

The autumn wind, and the winter winds - they have come and gone
And still the days, those lonely days - they go on and on
And guess who sighs his lullabies - through nights that never end
My fickle friend, the summer wind

1 Comments:

Blogger My Boring Best said...

Hey,

I went through a lot of stuff in the past two years; stuff that left me immobilized for days on end. Boozing and Frank (and Dean as well) were all that I had at the end of the day. They got me through when nobody else was there.

That, and writing the blog. I've since removed some of my more crazy drunk rants on my blog, but some are still there in the archives. I think we all want to be happy, but sometimes it just doesn't happen for a while.

Anyway, Frank was the man.
Jim

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home