Scenic Route

Friday, December 01, 2006

I wrote this for you... yes, you!

In the grass and the rain
Breathy laughter peals
In the grass and the rain
We knot our toes.

The stegosaurus rocks beneath us,
His gritty scales scrape our anxious feet.
So we spin beneath the stars.
We catch the rain in our open eyes.
We fall into the grass –
The sparkling grass
The star-stained grass –

Everything is right in the world
Because I care about you and you
Care about me. We blink the same.

The grass is our waterbed –
It's spongy and raw.
Your smiles light the evening
They shine at me through the fog.

We dance a pagan dance
Just to see the mists part in our wake
We dance a ritual dance
An interpretive dance
A mourning dance

We dance for those who sigh tonight
We dance for the lonely

Let the knowledge come over you now!
We're here to love you assuredly now!
Forgive and remember.
Remember.
Remember.
Never fall for forgetfulness.
Let the knowledge come over you now!
We're here to love you! Remember you're never alone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flakey Foont said...

God, don't make me miss you more than I already do! I'm meeeelting. I'm meeeelting...

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home