Scenic Route

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Superheroes make the best sandwiches.

They told me love would bring me down –
Especially those times I gave it so freely.
But I won't say no to him now, not now.
We share the same heartbeat and breathing.

I expel his freeform smiles
He takes me under his arm
He swings me under his wings
I expel his talent and styles
He inhales my guileless charm

His glasses were gone I tasted
Blood in my mouth while epic music
Played in the background.

They told me love would bring me down –
Especially those times I gave it so freely.
But I don't have anything to fear right now
When he hugs me and when he holds me.

I know I'm safe here with my face in his sweater
I know despite everything I can straighten my spine.
I can see us side by side on a long cobbled street
Because I feel the warmth of his laughter
I know our love will last... just fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home