Scenic Route

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Please take note of this.

We're the type of zombies that blow rasberries on intestines. We're the type of people that upon reuniting exchange face washes before hugs. We're the type of friends that talk about the meaning of life before tickling each other to tears.

I can bear what is to come because of the strength I find in my friendships with all of you and in my family. I won't lie there afraid as the mask is placed around my face. I won't worry when the light begins to fall away. I have your support. I have your love. No matter what I have to endure in the future I know I can get through it because of you.

Sometimes I wish I had less pride so that I could actually coil into your lap. In silence you'd smooth my hair. We wouldn't talk about anything. We wouldn't need to.

But even when times are at their worst I turn my face to the sunlight and give the day a massive grin. What use is there in self-pity? I have you. You've been my friend, and that's been more than enough for me to love life.