Scenic Route

Saturday, May 12, 2007

How would you describe that colour?

The navigation bar is blank, I don't know where I'm going. Heroism reeks from iridescent beads and metal charms wrapped around my wrist. Quiet light reflects on the charms: quiet screams follow quiet courage. Someone's watching me from the kitchen. He has two shadows and an air of refinement. The window's blank but the leaves are bright. There's something solemn in the dullness of the dimming light. What do you do when the music stops? Nobody's dead except for the last note of the song. Did that chord remind you of someone? Now that it's gone do you feel nostalgic for its piercing note again? Do you wish you could rerecord your relationship with her?

He struggles for my attention. I stroke his face in the dulling light. He hides his head in my jacket and I feel him sigh into my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home