Scenic Route

Sunday, October 31, 2004

For Anger's Sake

I punch the wall. The pain is jarring, but I just keep punching. My skin is exploding, chafing, sliding. The blood is surfacing, slipping, melting. I just keep going. I couldn't stop if I wanted to. Why would I? It feels so good, so good for the anger to be transferred from my broken mouth. The mouth from which I ground my teeth until the molars became flat, the teeth I clamped until they splintered into miserly pieces. Then my tendons snapped. Like taut strings they were slung back into my hand as tiny elastic balls. My fists involuntarily unfurled. I could not move my fingers. They were dead to me. Dead as the pain I should have known; dead as the weight inside my head. Dead as the creature I'd succumbed to.

I hate the anger. I want to keep going. I want to keep punching, but now my hands won't form a fist. My mind won't form the arguments. My intellect lacks the refutability for the altercations. But the spite just keeps coming. I can't stop it. I just can't fucking stop it.

I can't punch anymore so I turn around and start slamming my elbow into the wall...

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

raw, primal anger..
almost.. savage.
haha, Savage.
I don't know whether to thank Joanne for taking your book and helping you get this pent up agression out, or.. thank her. okay, ill just thank her.
RAGUGHHHHHHRRRR.
I'm an angry pony.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

Notice the time posted, sweetheart. This was written before I lent my book to her. Thanks for the compliments though.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

..before the book? You're just an angry person then..
I used to like it, now I'm intimidated and frightened.
Sad face.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home