Scenic Route

Monday, October 25, 2004

Instigate Endorphins

Saturday was special. I remember the conversation, it was swell, but the mood was more important to me. I'm a sentimental person, as those of you who avidly read my blog know. I don't like formality unless it's absolutely necessary, and it felt great to be with a group of people who were so in touch with their individuality. The table was littered with paper cup debris and I felt content to remain stolid as the discussion drifted over various interesting topics, which was slightly out of character for me but it felt right at the time. I didn't think about it Saturday night, but you know I spent my last couple hours of the early dawn with two people I hadn't even met before that evening? You could say I'm naïve. I wasn't concerned for my safety. I had every right to be, especially when we got into the car, but I didn't. I didn't falter or hesitate once. It's difficult to distrust people you feel such an affinity towards.

It was great rolling in the crisp snow, fretting over the hole in Andrew's lip, and anticipating the sunrise while enjoying the calm but impassionate company. The mauve light melted through the clouds. Andrew claimed that he was feigning sleep, but his bobbing head and steady breathing failed to wholly convince me. I anticipate spending another night not unlike the aforementioned. The show was wonderful; the atmosphere afterwards was akin to a gentle drug, and nothing could ever convince me that the night wasn't worthwhile.

I admit had it been summer I probably would've felt more adventurous, but be it as it may... winter isn't at all bad when you have good company to wile away the hours with.

You guys make Arwen happy and write sappy things, for shame.

Heart, heart, heart.

Song of the moment: 'Put on a Happy Face' by Blossom Dearie.

1 Comments:

Blogger tvpartytonight said...

That night was way too much fun. Thanks for hanging out with us.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home