Scenic Route

Sunday, October 31, 2004

The Hither Shore

So cried the golden sands in taunt
To ocean deep and strong –
“You think yourself all-powerful!
In that I’ll prove you wrong.”

To mighty height rose ocean
In annoyance, and replied
Dismissively, “I’ll ruin thee!
So witless grows your pride.”

And with a howl of potent rage
Sea crashed into the land,
And long they warred while earthbound poured
Rain-torrents ‘pon the sand.

Then thunder clashed, and lightning flashed,
And sun came out again,
The waves withdrew, land raged anew,
For neither could be slain.

And still they fight, though any hate
Has long since worn away;
For ocean rises and recedes,
And Fate leads not astray.

And though the waves may pound and writhe
Upon the hither shore,
So fair and yet so steadfast
It will stand forevermore.

6 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

hello friend, welcome to LlamaBlog.
Us frequenters are pretty nice, as a whole, but we can be counted on to offer constructive critism.
Just like: "Don't write such an amazingly articulated entry as your first post, because now you have set a bar for yourself, and I'll expect nothing less."
I'm just a dick, ignore me.
I'm so glad that you've joined us here in this little fine-knit community.
Keep up the good work, sunshine.

11:04 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Welcome. Fantastic post. Very intriguing topic. You'll have to come out for coffee to meet all the blog nerds, okay?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Dingus said...

i LIKE YOUR WRITING IT LIKE totally ROXXORS. Whoopsie, cap-lock. Actually, no, I did that on purpose. I'm stupid but I love you.

Your poem is awesome in the best way possible. I'm so glad we finally got the invite-thing to work! You arrre worth it. Here's to anticipating your next post and joining the blognerds. Cheers!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Nesska said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Nesska said...

...Sorry about the little deletion-thing above. That would be my attempt to correct a spelling mistake.

*dies!* I feel so... loved? Heh! Thanks a bunch, guys.

I'd take you up on the coffee, but I'd need to take a little Air Canada ride to do so. So how 'bout for now I'll go to the Victoria Starbucks and you guys go to one in Sask, and we'll lean across the table and it'll be like... hmm. Still leaves the situation of me alone with my mocha. Ah well.

But yeah. Thanks. ^^;

5:42 PM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Okay. Well, we'll just dress up Colin and take him out, pretending it's you. :)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home