Scenic Route

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Flat, Dull Smiles Warm a Wary Heart

Sometimes I feel like a hideous person. I smile broadly while the world continues to frown. I can't help but laugh as the world heaves excruciating sighs. I'm not laughing at the world, I'm laughing with its occupants. These beautiful people that populate this sad world... I can't help but love them. It's hard to consider the world itself will never be affected by even my largest smiles, but it becomes easier when I notice it shine in the creased eyes of someone smiling back at me.

I begin the day with tea and a shower. In two hours, I'll meet the people whom I'll spend the majority of the next five years with. Is little Arwen nervous?

For the first time in a long time... yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home