Scenic Route

Saturday, August 26, 2006

This is post number 300

She told me I was her favorite person to hang out with because I made her feel cool. I wanted to cry. In that moment she made me feel more special than a rock star looking out at someone singing along with his or her lyrics. I felt more extraordinary than the skinny girl crowned Miss America. But all I could do was modestly thank her and smile. I smiled so hard I felt like my face would break. I wanted to laugh so loud that the world would succumb to its contagion. I wanted to hug her so hard her future progeny would carry it with them everywhere they went.

He took me into a rib-crunching embrace. I wasn't expecting it and sputtered into his neck. He looked at me cock-eyed and laughed, telling me about the preparation H on his neck-tattoo that was now on my lips. He also told me that the hug was from his parents and how they intended to see me again before I left. I smiled so hard. I felt the tears prick my eyes. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have him and his family as my special friends.

No matter how many times I've smiled that big, oh how it beautifully hurts; my face has never splintered. But every time I smile like that I get another laugh line or two. I treasure them and give them names. 'Guess what, love? This one here I named after you.

I love you so much. I love you so goddamn much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home