Scenic Route

Thursday, September 14, 2006

I'm in love with the collective human race.

Between the lines, he said to me, the oaks would shed their acorns and the maples would lose their leaves but he'd always, always be here for me. I turned my eyes up into his and fell into their multi-faceted sensuality. I lost my breath but my heart remained whole. He was more than a person to me. He was more than human. In fact, he wasn't human at all.

Here, where the brand names are dissimilar and where broad-winged birds of prey soar high above city-bound highways, I've tasted a life within a life. Each smile lifts my lips and I bare my teeth. I react lethargically because of this cultural vertigo. A breeze of anonymous faces fills my heart with anticipatory joy. I'm ready for you. You acknowledge my readiness by swallowing me whole.

We're consummated in this precarious situation. We're not alone as we suspected, no. Not here, not now when there are so many new and different eyes to fall into.

I'm not lonely, not with this thriving throng of human wildlife pulsing around me; it paces and smiles, laughs and sings, draws and falls... falls for aspects of me, while I in turn, fall desperately in love with all that it is. I'm so in love I can't contain myself, so I laugh aloud. They turn their eyes towards me and I find myself falling into their multi-faceted hue again.

You're brown eyes are so alive. You're so alive. I'm alive in you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home