Scenic Route

Monday, January 22, 2007

My Tree


For a couple years I've been forming an idea for a tattoo. For a while it involved things that related to me and me alone (ie.] a tree with a rabbit for my Chinese zodiac, books to represent my desire for knowledge, etc.) but since then my perspective on who I am has changed a bit. The tree represents my growth and development. The roots show my belief that everything in the world is connected and inevitably returns to itself. The trunk divides into two sections to show how significant my relationships with my brother and mother are to me, and the 'sun' behind the tree shows my relationships with other people (like you) and how I flourish in light of them.

I'm so happy to've met you and to have you in my life. I'm ever grateful for your part in creating me into who I am. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about my tattoo for awhile, and I need to find some way to stylize an oak tree. NEED.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Flakey Foont said...

I like that design Arwen. A tree would look lovely on your pretty skin.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home