Scenic Route

Friday, November 19, 2004

For You

It's the acceptance and enjoyment of everything around you, the honest appreciation of everything that happens and how it occurs. It is the experience of feeling connected to everyone, affecting him or her as they affect you, believing in them as they believe in you, touching their spirit as they inspire you. A butterfly may cause a catastrophe halfway across the world, but the silence that falls over the dilapidated life, enveloping... ensnaring shock and transforming it into a demented state of bliss. With life comes death, but with death there is space made for new life. Nothing that is tangible is forever, but my happiness is ethereal. It'll extend and entangle those I encounter and inspire them to treat others with the same sort of joy and anticipation.

I wake up because I yearn to see the glow on my friend's faces. In a way it may make me weak to depend on their company for my happiness, but it doesn't take much. All I need is a body in the same room as me that is as interested in speaking with me as I am with them. Sparse intervals of alone time are integral, but elongated periods of lonesomeness increase lethargy, boredom and general decrepitude.

But when I am with them the planets are aligned, the stars are brighter than ever, and the moon is in pristine condition. The sun is warm and immaculate, the sky crisp and clear. I don't think they comprehend just how much I appreciate them, just how much I love them. If they did they'd probably be scared away, but the fact is that I care for them all individually. They've all shaped me into the person I am today and without them I'd be a desolate shell, winnowed away to a translucent layer of indigence and pining.

My life is beautiful and my future days much anticipated. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow because it'll be Friday, one step closer to those precious three nights I'll be able to sanction my time deliberately and exclusively for them, my special friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Beautiful.

8:19 AM  
Blogger tvpartytonight said...

I was in the midst of the working class this summer and I gotta tell you, the weekend is so extremely precious once it comes. It's only there for a fleeting moment. And then its back to the slave labour camp. Poor guys...morale of the story: stay in school.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home