Scenic Route

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Self Obligation

To do's over the summer:
· Paint and complete at least one picture that I am satisfied with
· Draw as often as possible
· Work as much as possible
· Attend every inspiring show I'm able
· Go through stuff for upcoming garage sale
· Arrange computer desk/room for first year university
· Listen to every CD that Graham's given me (old, mix stuff)
· Travel when the option is available
» Jan Lake
» Edmonton
» Winnipeg
· Attend at least 3 educational/promotional lectures
· Go to the library frequently, plunder books
» Start a book club and set reading/discussion dates
· Go out with friends often, pillage their affection
· Educate self on Canadian law and doctrine
» Make a petition against Saskatoon child prostitution
· Exercise; start waking up early
» Train self to jog again; go for daily morning jogs
· Write creatively and frequently, work on unfinished projects
· Buy new guitar strings for my acoustic
» Force self to learn 'Push' for Graham
» Teach self more songs
· Help mom with yard work
· Apply to Mackenzie Cole Coffee

I'll be adding more on as I think of them, but this is a start. I promised myself I'd do as much as possible to improve myself as a person so that I can enter adulthood without too much difficulty. 'Not only that though... I want to be a better person for myself. I've put so much effort into my relationship with Graham that I've neglected myself, artistically and personally. I don't regret it, but I do miss Arwen... and she's worth a lot to me, so I figure I'm going to sober her up over summer so she can be better for herself. And Graham.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

John ripped off my material as I was preparing to post it.
I also have a goal to motivate myself to create an all-encompassing summer to-do list.. though I don't plan to do it until Augest.

I really like that you're getting back into guitar, I remember when you told me you had started last year and you were so excited. Ahh but we were kids then.

Whats the difference between the aarows and the period?

4:52 AM  
Blogger Syxx said...

The arrows CLEARLY are the points described with the dots, just more detail. Duuuuh. This is a brilliant plan. I hope i can be involved in most of these.

-Graham S.I.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home