Scenic Route

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Rebellion vs Sensibility

Struck in the face by backhanded reality, I'm not entirely sure how to react. Reason tells me to submit and roll over so that the bulldozer grumbles past. My instincts encourage me to spit in its face. My encroaching anger builds. Instead, I roll over and submit like they tell me to; part of my obligation as a woman, a student, and a bitch for society to rape like a whore. In the face of impending circumstance, I avoid direct eye contact and let it slide. 'Just let it slide. Most things in life can keep you afloat if you just let them slide.

Fucking eels, snakes, and malicious komodo dragons. If I didn't adore reptiles so much, these insults would mean a hell of a lot more than they do now.

Most people our age know a thing or two about rebelling. At least, they think they know. They see conformity as something constraining, stupid, and corporative. They see the lies and the ugly personality below the surface. Naturally, they react with retaliation. But do they think about the large-scale affect of their impulsive reaction; the long line of dominos signifying their future, toppled flat because of a dumb assumption that rebellion will set it right?

The fact is, if the Clydesdale horse didn't pull its weight nothing would ever get done. Every working citizen is a Clydesdale in his or her own right. They pull, despite or because of the whipping. A few horses refuse. You get fired. Your world ceases to continue on economic success' conveyer belt. Oh woe, how pitiful, you look so sad now. You should've pulled you weight and just let it slide, asshole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home