Scenic Route

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ode to the Dreamers (like me)

Impassioned bleary-eyed quintessence
Equilibrium of serendipitous chaos;
To the pelting clouds a pale hand is thrust
In an instant everything is decided.
(This savage gale pulls me overboard
The waves consume my meager form
[I am not afraid anymore]).
Ensuing calamity obscures everything
I'm not drowning I'm dancing!

'We are one to no one but ourselves'
Minute interception from the briny waters
Briny caps that clasp my chilly hand
They produce a roar, roaring, roaring
{Suddenly nothing}
A trench of wily water folds over my toes
A steadfast w[r]ench drags me undertow
Bittersweet burning–oh ecstatic longing!
I'm not drowning I'm dancing!

Puckered bubbles wobble before me
Equilibrium of (silent) serendipitous chaos
Clarity unfolds a yawning precipice --
A luminescent lover laments, poised grievously:
This blemished statue of sallow-purple coral.

I'm not afraid of the torrential waves,
Despite their malevolence
Those writhing sheets of sunlight,
Violently silent they shake their dissipating fists.
For all the disgraceful welts they cast upon me
I fear I dearly love them...

For nothing else could catch me by the hand,
Take my breath away send me
Into inconceivably supple pirouettes
'We are one to no one but ourselves'
The unspoken sentence chases my silence
Bleary-eyed quintessence salutes my failing sway
Between the corroded iron and a couple cuttlefish
The epic dance appropriately ends
Erupting with disturbed sand and cold flesh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Hursh said...

Wow, I'm blown away and completely speechless.It's been quite some time since I've been blown away by a post of that magnitude. Good Work!

11:00 PM  
Blogger Syxx said...

Wow. Just wow. I love this poem Cap'n. It has so much depth, Meyer's? would be proud;)

2:24 PM  
Blogger Elyse said...

Encouragement... inspiration.

I'll drink to that.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home