Scenic Route

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wherever I go, I'm Arwen.

Applying to Sheridan and preparing to move away (potentially far, far away) from the house I've been born into and have never moved out of puts a lot of things into perspective, especially in regards to who I am as a person. Soon I won't have the security blanket of 'home' anymore. In a lot of ways that's terribly exhilarating and unbearably overwhelming. Most of the time when I reflect on it, I feel like I'm five years old anticipating Christmas day. Even better, getting into Sheridan would be the epitome of my desires. I thought about it, and there's nothing in the world I want more right now. I don't care to meet any famous people, visit any exotic places, or to win billions of dollars. Those things are utterly static and insignificant to me. If I get into Sheridan and the Trafalgar residence, I'll be as happy as anyone who won a billion-dollar lottery, travelled the world, ate with their favourite television icon and to top it all off finished the day with life-altering sex. Actually... I'll be happier than any material satisfaction you could possibly imagine.

I hope I'm capable of perpetuating this desire for non-material related goals in the future. In a few ways it's not incredibly safe to want anything as passionately as this. I'll be disappointed if I don't get accepted, but I haven't excluded that as a possibility. I have a plan C, if Sheridan (plan A) and ACAD (plan B) both don't work out.

Challenge to me is like that unattainable girl I hear guys talking about. She's so beautiful, charming and compatible with you that it's hard not to jump her bones every time you come in contact with her. To me, the unattainable girl is Challenge, and I adore her because of that high I get from being around her. I know I'll never be able to fully conquer her, because she'll always be challenging me. Since Sheridan is a very reputable school and is difficult to get into, this entire process has me on a constant high.

It's times like this when I really realize why I'm alive... and it feels fucking good to be Arwen sometimes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan Hursh said...

Arwen, I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors and I hope that you get accepted as well. Challenges are what keep people going.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Syxx said...

It feels fucking good to be her friend always.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home