Scenic Route

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Narrating my Night

10:52. I roll over and stare at the clock and momentarily contemplate whether I slept until 11:00 Friday morning. The disorientation melts away as I realize my nap at five o'clock (Charlie?) pm has turned into a full-night's sleep: six bloody hours. That's enough to keep me running for an entire day. If I go back to sleep, I'll oversleep and feel like shit. 'Not such a smart plan, especially since I have an exam tomorrow. Results: I'm awake now. It's 11:10pm. I have nothing to do except study, blog, and talk to insomniacs on MSN. So, every hour I'll add another paragraph to narrate my long night. Enjoy your lovely evening of sleep, my friends. I envy your (semi)regular evening.

12:13am: I attempted making a new layout for my blog, but I decided to say 'fuck it' until I actually do a drawing-type thing again. I like the way this one is set up, so I want to do something similar to this when I change it. After I frustrated myself with the layout, I went downstairs and got some peanut butter toast. I talked with my mom for a few minutes and started watching Lost. I'm about 20 minutes into it. I came back upstairs to update and saw my Graham online, so I'm talking with him now for a few minutes. Then I'll go back down to finish Lost.

1:00am: m'Graham just went to bed, so I'm going to watch the rest of Lost now. Then play Zelda64 (Ocarina of Time) for an hour or so. And (maybe, likely not) study for a bit. YAY. I'm thirsty. I wish we had juice. WAIT WE DO. There's still some apple juice in the basement. WORD MAN. This is awesome. Well, as awesome as spending time by yourself when you're an extrovert can be. What am I talking about? I'm not alone, I'll be with Link, the Hero of Time tonight!

2:00am: what a great episode! I'm so excited for next week. Lost is such an awesome show. It's very thought-provoking and imaginative. Also, I decided to spend the next little while with Mr Darcy instead of Link. Heh. Shadow Ganon didn't stand a chance against Mr Darcy's Goron sword! We slayed him and awakened the Sage Saria of the Forest Temple. Saria gave us the Forest Medallion. Now, I'm going back down to play for another hour or so. Likely less. I'll probably be in bed by 3. Lame, I know. But Darcy's tiring me out.

2:58am: Darcy and I received the fire tunic from a young Goron, then entered the Fire Temple. There, Mr Darcy saved five Gorons from imprisonment. We agreed that it was time to go to bed because five was a good number and we were both tired from trying to save Hyrule at two in the morning. So we're going to bed now. G'night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Civil Whisper said...

If I had known you were online at 11:10pm, I wouldn't have run to the lounge to watch infomercials until my roommates party died down. I could tough it out if I had you to talk to. *Sigh

12:09 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I love how I am YOUR Graham. It makes me feel pwned. I like it. Even though I am still a newb.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Civil Whisper said...

And then battle some evil dudes with your Goron sword!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Soulfood said...

Man. This is so like my life. I can't count the amount of times I've gone down for a short nap at 7pm and woken up at 11:30. AND I have Zelda: Ocarina of Time and a N64 on which to play it, and I have wasted nights doing that. Freaky.

Excellent journal-type post!!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Syxx said...

I was one of those afore mentioned insomniacs. I gave you the idea to blog;)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Nesska said...

Lost is suuuch a good show!
We must have an IM sesh and discuss. I haven't talked to you in aaages, dear. Did you AIM change?

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home