Scenic Route

Saturday, April 08, 2006

An epic day in April

Today is a monumental day. Since it hasn't dipped below freezing overnight, I decided now was the time. Harold is destined for bigger, better places than an octagonal Boston Pizza container. She was cute and hesitant. I managed to get a short thirteen-second video of her apprehensive progression into the rock garden. This is emblematic to me. I doubt anyone would understand why. While I was editing the pictures my eyes were watering. Heh. NO I did not cry! Anyone who knows me knows I don't cry. Anyway, I felt strangely liberated with an underlying hint of... I wouldn't call it sadness so much as... nostalgia? Like a parent wishing their kid farewell as they go away to college, or how an animal-keeper must feel when they have to let their tiger/whatever go away to a breeding program. Okay, so those are very different situations. But you kind of get my meaning, eh?

No. I'm not cutting the images. This is too important for me to hide. So if you don't like it, simply avert your eyes. I loved this goddamn spider. So eff you kindly, sir/ma'am.










She clung onto one of the branches I had in her enclosure for about two minutes before I shifted the web to get her to leave for good. Bye, m'love. Take care now, you'll live on in my heart forevermore. (Insert doleful sigh here)

1 Comments:

Blogger Elyse said...

Spring. Is it a time to celebrate the end of winter? A realization that sacrifice is sometimes necessary?
To let go is a hard thing. A universal truth, if you will.
I don't know if spring makes this truth any easier.

However, I was forced to give away my old disney movies today. It felt like giving away part of myself.
Although, force is a different matter.

Listen to Stevie Nicks - Crystal.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home